the wedding place
the wedding place
the wedding place

020 7644 1750

020 7644 1750

020 7644 1750

Weddings Abroad by THE HOLIDAY PLACE

Weddings Abroad by THE HOLIDAY PLACE

Weddings Abroad by THE HOLIDAY PLACE

Frequently Asked Questions : The Honeymoons and Weddings Abroad Place
You are here: home >  FAQ's




wedding packages


win a free holiday


real weddings


inspire my wedding


contact our wedding advisors


honeymoons and wedding destinations



Request a Quote


Frequently Asked Questions

When you are organising a wedding, honeymoon or other trip abroad there will be many questions you would lie to ask. We hope that the honeymoon toolkit to the right will help you with information and help to organise your thoughts. Also we have provided a list of frequently asked questions and their answers below.

getting married in sri lanka

Negombo, Sri Lanka

Q: Where do I start when booking my wedding?

A: Just call our experienced Wedding Advisors on 020 7644 1750 and they will guide you through the process.

Q: How far in advance do I need to book?

A: It is always best to allow as much time as possible for planning your wedding. We generally require a minimum of 12 weeks in advance but for peak holiday periods we recommend you book 12 months in advance.

Q: We would like to invite family and friends, is this possible?

A: Yes, our experienced Wedding Advisors can book travel arrangements for your family and guests.

Q: Where and when does the wedding ceremony take place?

A: In most destinations, your wedding ceremony will be conducted on a weekday, excluding local holidays. Generally, the ceremony will take place in the grounds of the hotel where you are staying. The resortís Wedding Coordinator will show you the possible locations and help you pick the one that is perfect for you.

Q: Who will perform our ceremony?

A: Our weddings are conducted by a marriage officer whose title varies depending upon the resort and your requests. It may be a Celebrant, Registrar, Priest, Minister or Reverend.

Q: Will our marriage be legally recognised in the UK?

A: When you choose to have a legal wedding ceremony, it is registered in the country where the ceremony takes place and legally recognised in the UK. Symbolic Ceremonies are not legally recognised in the host country or in the UK.

Q: What documents do I need to take?

A: The required documents vary between countries. Generally you will need to take your passport and birth certificate. If you have previously been married you will also need to provide legal evidence of your single status. Please consult your Wedding Advisor or refer to the Legal Requirements page for your selected destination.

Q: Do we have an additional baggage allowance for our wedding clothes?

A: No unfortunately - airline baggage limits remain the same for wedding couples as all other travellers. Please refer to the baggage limits item in the menu.

Q: Will our insurance cover our guests too?

A: It depends on the insurance you have taken out. All our hotels have a basic insurance policy to cover guests in the hotel. However, outside the hotel is a different matter. All guests should ensure that they are insured either individually or as a group. Please refer to our menu to the right.