the wedding place
the wedding place
the wedding place

020 7644 1750

020 7644 1750

020 7644 1750

Weddings Abroad by THE HOLIDAY PLACE

Weddings Abroad by THE HOLIDAY PLACE

Weddings Abroad by THE HOLIDAY PLACE

Weddings in cyprus - Legal Requirements : The Honeymoons and Weddings Abroad Place
You are here: home >  Weddings in cyprus - Legal Requirements




wedding packages


win a free holiday


real weddings


inspire my wedding


contact our wedding advisors


honeymoons and wedding destinations


media gallery hotels in cyprus cyprus info cyprus resorts wedding ideas weddings in cyprus


Request a Quote


Weddings in cyprus - Legal Requirements

Weddings in cyprus - Legal Requirements

Documents required by The Holiday Place 12 weeks prior to departure:

Proof of Identity: A copy of the passport valid for at least 6 months and birth certificate.*

Proof of Status: (With the name stated on the passport) A Statutory Declaration, stamped by a Notary or Solicitor, declaring single marital status and eligibility to marry. Scottish nationals should obtain a Certificate of No Impediment from the local registry office in place of the Declaration*

* Note: The single status document is only valid for 3 months this should therefore be valid during the wedding period*

Notice of Marriage: This must be submitted to a marriage officer prior to your wedding.

If you need to obtain a Notice of Marriage / Certificate of Freedom to Marry for your civil wedding abroad, you must do the following:
UK Citizens (Notice of Marriage): Obtain a Certificate of No Impediment. This is done by Giving Notice (publishing the Banns) at your local registry office no more than six months before your wedding date. 23 days after you have given notice the registry office will release a Certificate of No Impediment.

Where to apply: At your local Registry Office.

Irish Citizens (Certificate of Freedom to Marry)

Where to apply:
Consular Section,
Department of Foreign Affairs,
72/76 St Stephen's Green,
Dublin 2,
Tel: (01) 408 2568
Local: 1890 426 700
Fax 01 478 5951

Divorced: A copy of the original decree absolute stamped with the seal of the court where it was issued. Divorced women cannot get married again until 10 months after the divorce is finalized, unless the new husband is the same man she divorced *

Widow(er): A Copy of the Marriage certificate and death certificate of husband or wife*.

Name Change: Deed Poll under which change has been done.*

Adoption: If adopted, a copy of the certificate is required.*

Under 18 years old: Parent/Guardian consent is required in the form of an Affidavit stamped by a Notary or Solicitor*

Residency: Minimum residency period required is 3 working days.

License Fees:The marriage can be celebrated within 2-3 working days. The applicable Licence fees would approximately be 277 Euros. The price is subject to change at any time.

Certificate of Marriage: After your wedding ceremony you will be issued with a Certificate of Marriage. If you want to secure one or more certified copies of the certificate, you can apply to the Marriage Officer or to the Ministry of Interior. The additional certified copies can be obtained for 12 Euros.

Religious Ceremonies: If you are planning a religious ceremony the same procedure needs to be followed as stated above but in addition you will need to contact the Registered Minister of the Church where you plan to get married to make the extra arrangements required for a religious ceremony.

Note: A Catholic ceremony is not legally binding unless you first have a civil wedding ceremony. A fee will be charged to have a Catholic ceremony.

If you have an Anglican wedding ceremony you are not required to have a civil wedding ceremony.

Ceremony: The wedding ceremony may be performed by the Registrar or the Deputy Registrar in the Registrar's office, or by a Civil Marriage Officer at an appointed place and time, between the hours of 6.00am and 8.00pm.

*All documents must be stamped by a Notary or Solicitor. Please remember that all original documents must be presented in the resort.