the wedding place
the wedding place
the wedding place

020 7644 1750

020 7644 1750

020 7644 1750

Weddings Abroad by THE HOLIDAY PLACE

Weddings Abroad by THE HOLIDAY PLACE

Weddings Abroad by THE HOLIDAY PLACE

Weddings in barbados - Legal Requirements : The Honeymoons and Weddings Abroad Place
You are here: home >  Weddings in barbados - Legal Requirements




wedding packages


win a free holiday


real weddings


inspire my wedding


contact our wedding advisors


honeymoons and wedding destinations


media gallery hotels in barbados barbados info barbados resorts wedding ideas weddings in barbados


Request a Quote


Weddings in barbados - Legal Requirements

Weddings in barbados - Legal Requirements

Documents required by The Holiday Place 12 weeks prior to departure:

Proof of Identity: A copy of full British passport valid for at least 6 months upon return to the UK and Birth Certificate.

Divorced: A copy of original or certified copy of the Decree Absolute required.

Widow(er): A copy of Marriage Certificate and Death Certificate of the deceased spouse.

Name change: A copy of Deed Poll under which change has been done.

Adoption: A copy of adoption certificate is required.

Application: Application for a marriage license must be made in person by both parties at the office of the Ministry of Home Affairs. Transfer is not included.

Residency: No waiting period or minimum length of stay is required.

Fees: If neither party is a citizen or resident of Barbados, Fees: BDS $200.00 for the application of the marriage license, BDS $20.00 for the marriage certificate and BDS $25.00 for the special stamp. Total BDS $245.00

All Original documents must be presented in the resort.

Religious Weddings

If planning a religious ceremony you should contact the church of your choice to arrange for an official to minister the proceedings and choose whether you wish to be married in a church or house of worship. Many of the churches in Barbados will happily accommodate visitors’ wish to have a religious ceremony and can advise couples on appropriate religious venues according to their faith. Many churches request fees, donations or offerings for officiating and for the use of facilities. Some churches and individual ministers may also request a period of counselling beforehand.

If you wish to have a Roman Catholic wedding ceremony, you will need the following:

All of the above documents must be sent by the couple’s bishop to the Bishop of Bridgetown prior to the ceremony. There is an additional fee for use of the church as well as a modest fee if you would like the music of an organist. If you want to contact the bishop of Bridgetown please do so at: St. Patrick’s Presbytery, P.O. Box 1223, Jemmott’s Lane, Bridgetown, West Indies (246.426.3510).